Providing the best lassie dog food for your lassie breed dog can be quite a struggle. It is known that these breeds eat mainly naturally based food. So, how can you provide the right food for your breed? There are a lot of products on the market that might attract your attention, but you need to be also aware of your dog’s needs.
*The above links lead to current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.
- Lassie was said to be a female dog, because of its long hair. It is very intelligent breed and is very graceful.
- The male and female lassie breeds have similar characteristics.
- They can discard their undercoats once in the year and they do not need grooming. The coat needs to be brushed regularly if you want your dog to have healthy coat.
- This dog is loyal and a family dog, so you will need to provide the best possible care if you have this breed at home.
- They are very picky when it comes to the feeding, so they would not eat everything that is given to them. You need to be careful while you choose their food.
- The dog also requires exercising. Regular walks would be enough, but the dog can also rune once per week. This has to be done in order to keep the physical and the mental stimulation.
- If not given the proper food the dog can get very stubborn and anxious. They can be very nervous and sometimes aggressive.
- You definitely won’t want to leave the dog alone because it will get bored soon, so the breed will bark and chew excessively.
- Socialize the dog as much as you can, but while the walks; be careful so your dog will not eat something that is outdoors.
- The essential ingredient in the food that your dog will need has to be in a meal form. It can be sole meat product or meat combined with other ingredients. The rice is also one of the most important ingredients, so you will have to learn the receipts of the needed food for your dog in order to satisfy its nutritional needs.
- The rice contains fillers with low quality, so it is the best compensation for the lamb meat in the content of the product.
- In some of the products the sources of fat are not specified, so it is better to not buy those types of products since you do not know from where it comes. And plus can be with a very low quality. It can cause some unwanted issues at your dog.
- The beet pulp is filler that appears in most of the products as an essential ingredient. It is dried product from the residue of the sugar beets, the beets have been extracted and cleaned before drying and then added to the already known products. It is claimed that is a divisive ingredient that is added in the products.
Some of the manufacturers state that the beet pulp is a good source of fibre and increases the stress to the liver and the kidney. It is also known that this ingredient causes ear infections, allergies or some other issues at the dogs, so it is not required to have this in the content of the product.
- These Natural Lassie Dog Foods are completely natural and do not contain any colors, preservatives, chemicals or some artificial flavors. The natural formulas enable the manufacturers to produce these natural products in order to fulfill the needed nutrition value for the dogs.
If a product does not say natural, then it is not. You need to look for products that will contain natural ingredients like natural flavors, lamb, natural colors and preservatives.
- This food is easy to digest and dogs often find it delicious.
- The products also contain healthy ingredients and are wheat free. You will have healthy and happy pet if you feed it with these products provided below in the list.
- They contain high sources of proteins and amino acids which improve the muscle mass and help in the development of the dog’s muscles.
- The presence of rice in the products is because some of the dogs have sensitive stomach, so in order to improve their digestion this ingredient is applied.
- The benefits of these products is that they contain natural ingredients that will keep your pet happy and healthy;
- Proteins of high quality are given to your dog;
- The rice cereal grain gives carbohydrates for your dog which gives extra endurance and energy.
- The products are wheat free and corn free, so no allergenic reactions can be shown.
- No digestion issues.
- The skin and the coat of the dog will be shiny because of the omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. They contain a normal level of linoleic acid and give the skin and the coat the best possible look.
- The chondroitin and glucosamine are among the ingredients that are recommended to be present in the dog’s food, for healthy joints and cartilage.
- The beet pulp fiber helps in the absorption of the needed food in the organism and smaller and firmer stools at the dog. The growth of the beneficial bacteria in the organism is higher.
- The immune system is quite improved and your dog will be healthier than ever with the complete antioxidant formula.
- The taste of this food is definitely delicious and your dog will love it. Besides the companies that sell dog’s food can even return your money if your dog is not satisfied with the food.
Here will be shown the statistics of the percentage of ingredients in the content of the product.
- 21% containing of crude protein, and is minimum level;
- 15% containing of crude fat, and is minimum level;
- 4% containing crude fiber, and is maximum level;
- 10% moisture and is a maximum level;
- 3.5% linoleic acid, minimum level;
- 250mg minimum level of zinc in 1kg;
- 150UI of vitamin E, minimum level in 1kg;
- 35mg of Absorbic acid, minimum level in 1 kg;
- 2.5% omega 6 fatty acids and 0.5% omega 3 fatty acids;
- These guidelines can help you to maintain the optimum weight of your dog, so the serving suggestions are in order to achieve that. The servings need to be lightly moistened and dry, and plus the water has to be delivered always fresh. Regular visits at the vet are another suggestion as well.
- At the pregnant females you need to offer 50% more of the food that you give daily.
- To the lactating females you need to provide 2-3 times more than the normal amount of food you give daily.
- If the dog weighs up to 15 pounds, the amount given should be ¾ to 1-1/2 cup.
- If the dog weighs over 75 pounds then you need to provide plus 4-1/2 cups on every 10 pounds of the weight of the dog.
- There are plenty of products that are good for the lassie breed. Among those products are: a recipe that contains chicken meal, oatmeal, rice, flour, beet pulp, flaxseed, lamb meal, chloride, vitamins B12, C, B1, E, B6, D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, cobalt carbonate, zinc, salt, product of dried egg and more. This product is rich in proteins and satisfies the needs of the dog.
- Another important product is the mixture of rice, lamb, copper sulfate, potassium chloride, vitamins E, B1, C, B12, D3 supplement, poultry fat, riboflavin, folic acid and more. This product also is suitable lassie dog food for your dog since contains almost every possible ingredient that the lassie breed needs.
- The dogs should be treated in the right way if you want to have a healthy and happy life companion.
Choosing the right food for your dog is quite difficult task. First you need to know the breed and then inform yourself about its nutritional needs and requirements. The Rice, Chicken and Cranberry formula of this package of food offers completely satisfying results.
The food is recommended for the breed lassie and is tested and proven. It is made in USA. The chicken as main ingredient makes the product a rich source of proteins.
- The ingredient that is mainly in the food is the chicken and is considered to be the number 1 ingredient;
- There is no presence of artificial flavors or any preservatives or chemicals;
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals;
- The product is completely natural;
- This breed usually prefers this type of food rather than the other foods.
- Some of the dogs might not like it, so you will need to find another alternative food.
The Honey, Oats and Chicken formula of the dog food for lassie breed provide the required supplements in the dog’s food. It is a new formula and satisfies the needs of your dog. The lassie breed dog cannot eat every type of food, so it is tested that this is among the best choices.
The owners of this dog breed decide to use this product since their dogs are used only eating food with this nutrient value. 2 bags weigh 14 ounces which means that the given price of the package is affordable and your dog will be happy for a long time. It is also made in USA.
- In the content of the product the chicken is the main ingredient and is the essential one;
- There are no artificial ingredients or chemicals;
- 100% natural;
- Improves the digestion of the lassie breed dog;
- Some of the dogs might not like the flavor of the food.
As we can see every breed requires different type of food. These offered products can bring happiness and health to your dog. I would recommend you to try these products and stick to the guidelines I have provided.