Top 5 Best Food for American Bulldog
Latest Update: July 27, 2019
One of the most difficult decisions that one has to take as being the owner of an American Bulldog is the feeding of bulldogs.
There are different breed-specific foods available for American Bulldogs. There are also different varieties of foods for the same breed.
The selection, in this case, has great importance. The selection of the right food for American Bulldog directly impacts the health of your dog and ultimately shows effects on the performance of the dog.
If you own an American Bulldog, this guide will surely help you to choose the best American Bulldog food.
American Bulldogs are mostly liked and appreciated by almost all the families because of their being gentle and calm natured.
They can also play the role of a security guard when there is a demand.
They are also very friendly and attracted to children.
An American Bulldog has a thick body with wide shoulders and, usually, the head is too large that it looks awkward to the body.
American Bulldogs are not very active and need a good diet free of fillers to keep them healthy.
They usually weight between 50 to 120 pounds and, therefore, needs 20 to 30 calories per pound of their weight.
American Bulldog seems to be good fighters from their appearance but, actually, they are very soft natured.
They are strong enough to jump over to a height of 7 feet, and have very strong muscles and, therefore, need high energy content.
Therefore, always look for the main key ingredients in the food. The very first is the meat.
Always select the food with high-quality meat content, not raw food.
Second is that they also need 30 to 40% protein and it should also be included in their food.
The next important thing is the fiber content and should be included about 4 to 5% in the food.
They need high-quality energy food because they are a lot prone to stomach disorders.
Always try to provide them with enough food as required to maintain their muscular health.
Choosing the best dog food is also very important so far as their health is considered.
Everyone who wants to keep American Bulldog should know something about their food.
There are many different kinds of feed available for Bulldog. Always look at the key ingredients in the food and check the foods made by different manufacturers.
After comparing these, select the best option. Also, keep in mind the calorie requirement of the dog and select the food that can provide the required calories.
Another way to choose the best food for your American Bulldog is to consult the friends and relatives who had dogs and had the experience of feeding them.
Usually, dogs need much feed to keep them going all day. They need 20 to 70 calories per pound of their weight.
As the American Bulldogs are not much active, therefore, they need fewer calories as compared to other dogs.
Male American Bulldog usually weighs around 70 to 120 pounds and needs 2100 to 3600 calories of energy to keep them healthy and going.
Whereas, a female usually weighs around 60 to 100 pounds and needs 1800 to 3000 calories of energy.
Therefore, try to feed them according to their calorie requirements and with the best food to keep them healthy.
Following are the best options available for you to choose:
One of the best dog food is with ducks, chicken, lamb, whole eggs, cheese, minerals, and vitamins as its key ingredients, that can keep your dog going is Fromm Adult Gold Large Breed Formula.
It is dry feed and is more suitable for dogs with more than 50 pounds of weight.
- The best feed with diverse protein, fruits, and vegetables to fulfill nutritional requirements
- It is always prepared in small batches.
- The chicken, lamb, ducks, vegetables, and fruits are all fresh and processed on the day of delivery.
- Useful in the digestive system
- Not too costly and easily available.
- Not competitive with the other
- Contains rice and barley and, therefore, not good if you are looking grain-free
- Costly, so far as ingredients are concerned.
Click Currently To View The Fromm Adult Gold Large Breed Formula
It also the best food for American Bulldog and is very much in use, now a day, in America.
- In the form of kibbles that are easy to chew and grasp
- Improves the digestive health
- Supports bones and joints
- Has antioxidants for natural defense from diseases
- Available in various packages.
- Contains rice and gluten and can cause digestive problems
- Contains chicken bye products that are harmful to puppies
- It is also costly
Press Presently To See The Royal Canine Breed Health Nutrition Bulldog Puppy
- A very good blend of Omega Fatty Acid
- In the form of Kibbles that are easy to chew and eat
- Contains many Antioxidants to increase resistance against diseases
- Available in various sized packages
- A very good source of protein, fats, fibers, and Amino acids
- Too much overpriced
- Dogs do not like to eat it
- Causes digestive problems because of grains contents
Press Here To View The Taste of the Wild, Canine Formula
- Provides quality protein in the form of turkey and chicken
- Contains natural vegetables, minerals, and vitamins
- Available in various sized packages
- Has something to support joints and bones
- Does not contain any kind of artificial flavors and colors
- Extremely nutrients dense and tasty
- Also very good for dog’s overcoat
- Also very costly as compared with other traditional feeds
- Can be a cause of an allergy to dogs that are prone to poultry allergy
- Can cause gastric problems
Press Now To See The Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free
It is another good meal for Bulldogs and is only produced in Canada with the help of quality content.
- Contains a high level of proteins and low Carbohydrates
- Main ingredients are fresh chicken and fresh fish
- Available in different package sizes
- Has not to seed and plant oils
- Also contains fresh fruits and vegetables
- Vegetables like peas can cause problems indigestion
- Since it is only manufactured in Canada, it becomes out of stock instantly
- It is too much costly
- Has nothing to support hair growth
Push Here To View The Orijen Adult Dry Dog Food
- Very useful for weight control
- Contains 20 rich nutrients beneficial for health
- Contains mono structured fats that can easily be broken down and digested
- Potato free and causes no allergy
- Free of any kind of oils
- Available in almost all sizes
- Not very useful for weight loss as asserted
- Its kibbles are hard to some extent to chew
- Availability is not reliable
Click Here To View The Solid Gold Fit and Fabulous Holistic Dry Dog Food
- Completely nutritious and Balanced diet for good health
- Larger kibble size with ingredients to strengthen joints and bones
- Contains all-natural vegetables and fruits extracts
- Made locally in the USA and readily available
- Available in various packages in respect of weight
- Suitable only for adults with more than 50 pounds of weight
- Takes a lot of time to adjust the body needs
- Vegetable extracts can cause digestive problems
Check Price & Availability The Wellness Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog
- Beef, Chicken, and Pork meal
- Contains a lot of Omega 3 and 6
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Readily Available in almost all sizes
- Made in the USA locally
- Helps in weight control
- Its Potato contents can cause allergy to sensitive dogs
- It is also costly and bags are not weighed properly
- Suitable only for large-sized dogs
- It provides great support to lean muscles because of the high protein and energy contents of chicken and pork meat.
- Contains vegetables for the better digestive system
- Suitable for all life stages
- Contains amino acids and vitamins for muscles support
- Very much tasty
- Causes diarrhea in many dogs due to vegetable contents
- Also causes allergies in some cases
- Not the worth of its price
Maximum Bully Chicken and Pork Dog Food Recommended By Us
The American Bulldogs are busy dogs and should always be given a balanced diet to fulfill their energy needs.
These should also be given supplements to help them grow strong.
The main ingredient should be meat not the bye products of meat.
The meat should be fresh and of chicken, beef, and also fish. They also need 40% protein content and 20% crude fat content.
American Bulldogs usually have strong muscles, they should be given quality food for two to three times a day.
They are prone to eating and, therefore, avoid giving them excess food because they like to eat more food and this will increase their weight. The increased weight decreases the life span of these dogs.
They should be given food according to their body weight and the requirement of calories.
Bulldog puppies eat more meals than puppies of other breeds. This is because their body grows quickly and their muscles get strong.
Their feed should be increased gradually with growth. They should also be given supplements to increase the resistance against diseases. One should always be careful in the selection of a Bulldog puppy meal.
In order to save the dogs from different diseases, these dogs should be given feed on some clean pot. It should always be regularly cleaned and boiled in hot water to kill germs.
Video: Raw Recipe vs Bully Max Supplements | American Bully
Click here to see the video.
In the end, we can say that American Bulldogs are very good-natured and friendly. They are powerful with strong muscles.
Therefore, always feed them with the food bought from some authentic retailer and the quality should be ideal as recommended for the best dog foods for American Bulldog.