Top 5 Dog Food for Dogs with Arthritis
Latest Update: July 30, 2019
The arthritis is a common health issue at the dogs since it is considered that this condition is often diagnosed at the older dogs. Some of the dogs could develop arthritis earlier and the dysfunction of the joint might be seen soon. So what are you going to do in this situation? Visiting a vet is definitely the right choice, but you will also have to be careful of the food that your dog intakes and on the activities it has.
Arthritis can be very noticeable or you can barely see it at your dog, but once it has shown it will be present. In this case, you need to deal with your dog’s condition and provide the best dog food for arthritis.
Most of the dogs have this problem, so you need to provide the right diet for your dog and inform yourself about the food that helps arthritis. You need to do this in order to facilitate the condition of your dog. Suddenly your dog might gain weight since the mobility will be limited, so you will need to make it exercise or walk. Your dog deserves the best, so take some precautions and provide the best care for it.
1. Hills Prescription Diet Metabolic + Mobility Canine
2. Hills Prescription Canned Dog Food
3. Purina Veterinary Diets JM Joint Mobility Canine Formula Dry Dog Food
4. Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Maxi Joint & Coat Care Dry Dog Food
5. Dogswell Happy Hips Can Dog Food 12 Pack
6. Victor Dog Food Senior Healthy Weight Management Diet Dog Food with Glucosamine
7. Royal Canin Canine Mobility Support Dry – Large Breed
8. Hills Science Diet Adult Healthy Mobility Large Breed Dry Dog Food
*The above links lead to current prices and customer reviews.
It is known that the arthritis has typical signs by which can be noticed and diagnosed.
Among those symptoms are:
- Limited mobility;
- Difficulties in getting up or getting down;
- Reluctant jump or climbing’
After you have noticed some of these symptoms you need to consult a vet. The dogs are good at hiding the pain, so you can notice this if you observe the movement of your dog. Compare the running of the puppies with the running of the older dogs and you will see the difference.
Having difficulties while climbing the stairs or jumping, is making your dog walk slowly because it is causing pain. You can also notice when the dog is getting up on the furniture how it does it. Sometimes the dog can make some sounds while walking or jumping, so it is also a sign of arthritis.
The arthritis is not just an ordinary disease at your dog, so you need to take it seriously after it has been diagnosed. It might also cause elbow dysplasia, hip dysplasia, cancer, some metabolic disorders, and trauma and mobility issues of a higher degree. It is not something that can pass by it; it has to be treated in the right way.
Some dogs can have genetic predisposition in gaining arthritis. Some environmental factors also have a role in gaining the arthritis.
- When arthritis has been diagnosed, the next thing you, as an owner you have to do is to choose the right food in order to manage easily arthritis.
- You need to watch the dog’s weight and decide if it needs to lose some weight down. Those dogs that have extra weight handle the arthritis harder. The extra weight can cause stress to the bones and to the joints, so that can lead to bone rubbing against bone. The pain will be increased and the mobility of your dog will be limited.
- As an owner of a dog, you need to be careful to not let your dog grow fast because that also can lead to arthritis. Instead of dealing with this condition later, when the dog is older, you can feed your dog with special food made for puppies that has the needed ingredients and nutrients.
- Identifying the ideal weight of your dog, no matter the breed will help you to guide yourself in the growing and maintaining process.
- Make sure that your dog is exercising regularly to avoid these issues later.
- There are some products prescribed especially for this condition, treating arthritis and joint problems, so before buying any of the products, you need to consult a vet. Supplying the joints with the needed nutrients and maintaining the cartilage healthy can be done by providing the right dog food for joint pain.
- Having the right caloric needs in the daily feeding of your dog will help you improve its overall health;
- Since arthritis is also an inflammatory condition you will need to provide anti-inflammatory dog food.
- Since your dog might be allergic to some of the ingredients in the products, you will have to look for the products with limited and specific nutrients. These products are expensive, but providing the best for your dog is definitely worth the money;
- In the best dog food for arthritis you need to look for the protein content, fibers, content of appropriate amount of fat, glucosamine, omega fatty acids and antioxidants. These ingredients are mandatory in the diet of every dog with arthritis condition, so you need to provide this to your dog.
- Food that will help to strengthen the joints and that can be homemade dog food for arthritis is the food that contains meat, mainly beef, chicken and pork.
- If your dog is older then you will need to provide the best dog food for senior dogs with arthritis since the products on the market are also labeled as “dog food for puppies”, “dog food for adult dogs”, etc.
- The inflammation at your dog can be managed if you give enough sweet potatoes in the daily feeding since the potatoes contain beta carotene that helps in the inflammatory process.
- Do not give your dog food that contains too much fat because the fat can help in getting and aggravating arthritis. Avoid buying products that are low graded.
- You can sometimes give to your dog vegetables and fruits since they contain antioxidants and can help in the sloppy stool of the dog. It also can help in the inflammation.
- Foods that you can use in the feeding of your dog might be iceberg lettuce, peeled apples, white cabbage, cherries, mango, nectarines, honeydew, cantaloupe and some other cooked vegetables and fruits. This will improve the digestion at your dog.
- If your dog has problems with the chewing you can make soups and avoid feeding it with grainy food. The amount of grains in the food has to be minimal because they can worsen the dog’s condition. The grains should not be a source of proteins for your dog. If you want to provide rich sources of proteins to your dog, then consider giving more meat in the feeding.
- Avoiding oils that are based on plants like vegetable, safflower, sunflower and corn oil can decrease the inflammatory. Limiting the amount of omega 6 fatty acids in the food can help in dealing with the arthritis.
- Green-lipped mussels or Perna mussels
- Polysulfated Glysocaminoglycan
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Buffered aspirin
- Vitamin C
“Hill’s Prescription” brand is offering the best diet food for your dog. Its formula contains metabolic ingredients that improve the metabolism of the dog and help in arthritis conditions. The product has a chicken flavor and can be found in different size packages and this product particularly is 9.5 lbs. Choosing this product as an option to deal with arthritis at your dog might be a smart choice.
- Contains appropriate levels of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids;
- The product is also containing fats that are in limited amount;
- Improves the mobility and you will be able to see your dog running and jumping again like before;
- The metabolism of your dog will be quite improved;
- The dog might be allergic to some of the ingredients found in the product, so before deciding on buying it, consult with a vet;
Press Presently To See The Hills Prescription Diet Dog Food Diet Metabolic
This brand is known for offering the best-canned products for your dog, so you might think of buying some. If you are dealing with arthritis at your dog, then this product might be the right choice. It is contained of 12 specific ingredients that help the dog to run better and faster, to jump and to walk. It also contains the needed nutrients, so your dog will have the needed health care.
- The product is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids as well as EPA, so it helps in nourishing the cartilage;
- Improves the ability of your dog to walk, jump and run;
- It contains L-carnitine that helps the dog to maintain the normal weight and to avoid excessive stress on the joints;
- This product will give the results at your dog within 21 days of consummation;
- Some of the dogs might react differently on the product since it contains omega fatty acids and can gain excessive weight, so in order to avoid this you might need to limit the consummation of the product;
Press Here To View The Hills Canned Dog Food Prescription
The “Purina” brand is vet proven and tested products and vets often prescribe it to the dogs with arthritis conditions. You as an owner of such dog might want to try this tested product and see the results after a while. It is a great product that can help your dog to walk normally again. Do not think and buy it.
- The content of omega 3 fatty acids and high levels of EPA help in the improvement of joints;
- The level of omega 6 fatty acids is appropriate;
- The content of fats is limited in order your dog to not gain weight;
- The product contains high levels of vitamins C and E, so it is a great antioxidant as well;
- The presence of glucosamine is of a natural nature;
- The fats might cause gaining weight at your dog and worsening the arthritis condition, so you might consider including some food with vegetable and fruit scent in the diet of your dog;
Press Now To See The Purina Veterinary Diets Dog Food Joint Mobility
“Royal Canin” brand definitely offers wide range of products for dogs. This health nutrition maxi joint and coat care formula improves the health in your dog and makes it more active. The problems with arthritis will be solved fast and you will have an active dog like before. The product is intended for adult dogs over 15 months old.
- The product contains omega 3 fatty acids, glucosamine and chondroitin which support the joints in the dog’s organism;
- The coat and the skin of the dog are healthier because of the presence of vitamins, omega 6 fatty acids and minerals;
- The overall health of the dog is improved;
- It contains a balanced source of dietary fiber and proteins which makes the digestion better;
- This product barely has any disadvantages. The only thing you can do is consult with a vet before buying the product;
Push Here To View The Royal Canin Dry Dog Food for Small Size Breed
Push Here To View The Royal Canin Dry Dog Food for Medium Size Breed
Push Here To View The Royal Canin Dry Dog Food for Large Size Breed
“Dogswell” brand is speaking by its name. It provides better overall health to your dog and is a product that you must have. If you are dealing with arthritis in your dog, then buying this product will provide the needed care. Like the title says, it provides happy hips to your dog.
- The product contains chondroitin and glucosamine which supports the joints in the dog’s organism;
- Helps in maintaining the health and the hips of the dog, so you might see your dog running sooner than you thought;
- The content of omega 3 fatty acids helps in the improvement of mobility;
- It also contains sweet potatoes and chicken which means is a great source of proteins;
- Your dog might be allergic on some of the ingredients in the product, so you need to inform yourself about the content before buying it;
Click Here To View The Dogswell Happy Hips Dog Food
The “Victor Dog Food” is for adult dogs and is used in order to improve the mobility and the joints in the dog’s organism. It is made in USA and also helps in the management of weight, so your dog doesn’t gain. The diet for the dog also includes this type of product which helps to deal with the arthritis condition. The ingredients of pork meal, chicken meal and beef make the product rich in proteins.
- The product helps in the development of muscle mass because is a rich source of proteins;
- The balance of the needed nutrients is achieved with this dog food;
- The containment of omega 3 fatty acids makes stronger joints;
- The presence of vitamin E is a good antioxidant for the dog’s organism;
- The excessive containment of meat might have an opposite effect at your dog;
Click Here to Learn More or Buy
Every product of the “Royal Canin” brand is an excellent choice for your dog. They have different types of products for every breed and for any condition. This product helps to improve the mobility at your dog, so it can walk, run and jump like before and can make the joints stronger. The increased demand of the dog’s joints is met with this formula since there is increased concentration of green mussel in the product.
- The joint cartilage is nourished because of the presence of omega 3 fatty acids;
- The minerals as ingredients in the content of the product improve the digestion and the absorption in the dog’s organism;
- This kibble is designed especially for large dogs;
- The nutrients in the product improve the overall health of your dog;
- A disadvantage here can be that the product is mainly for larger dogs;
Check Price & Availability The Royal Canin Mobility Support Dog Food
This dietary product improves the mobility at larger breeds. It is a dry food product that helps in strengthening the joints at the dog and helping in the mobility.
Whenever you purchase this product for your dog, it is 100% guaranteed that it helps in the arthritis condition, and if you are not satisfied with it, then your money will be returned. The diet is available on dry, treats and canned variety. The product is clinically proven and has a lot of benefits for your dog.
- There are no genetically modified ingredients or any artificial flavors, preservatives or colors;
- The mobility of your dog will be improved after 30 days of its usage;
- It contains amino acids, minerals and vitamins, which means is one a natural basis;
- A rich source of chondroitin, fish oil and glucosamine;
- There are no disadvantages of purchasing this product;
Hills Science Diet Healthy Mobility Dog Food Large Breed Recommended By Us
Video: Dog Arthritis-How to Heal and Prevent Naturally
Click here to see video.
Consulting the vet before buying any of these products is recommendable for you; you cannot decide by yourself what you are going to feed your dog. I would suggest you to reconsider on getting any of these products and reading the label before you give it to your dog.
The arthritis is not an easy condition, so it has to be treated in the right way. Providing the needed care for your dog will help you to manage the arthritis condition easier and deal with the issues faster.