One of the best ways to ensure the happiness in your pet dog is to ensure the health of the pet. Unless the dog is keeping healthy, the animal will not be able to lead a happy life.
Your Canine pet holds a position, very close to your heart and hence, it is obvious that you will have concerns about the health and happiness of your animal. If those aspirations are to be accomplished, you need to take special care about the Diet of the animal. In that regard, you need to orient your dog with the low protein dog food.
Just as in Humans, the adequate supply of protein is important to ensure the adequate nutrition of your dog. When the dog is served with adequate volume of protein, it boosts the development of their physical and brain health. Most importantly, a balanced diet will take care of the health of the dog and it will safeguard the dog from the threats of various physical ailments.
However, as excess of anything is not good, it holds true in the aspect of the protein-content in the dog’s diet. Thus, you need to take care that the protein content in the diet is at the ideal extent, so that the dog is safe from the health threats that can arise from the consumption of the excess protein.
The market has options, coming from top Vet food manufacturers that ensures that the dog gets the supply of the adequate extent of protein. These foods will take care of the nutritional needs of the dog and on the other hand, your dog can escape the threats of the ailments that can arise from the consumption of protein on excessively high amount. Thus, opting for these foods will be definitely a wise move on the part if the dog owners.
1. Canidae Life Stages Dry Dog Food for Puppies, Adults & Seniors
2. Purina NF Kidney Function Dog Food
3. Eagle Pack Natural Dry Dog Food
4. Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food
5. Mattie’s Healthy Treats for Dogs with Kidney Disease
*The above links lead to current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.
The abundance in the brands of the low protein dog food in the market can trigger a confusion in your mind about the option that will be the most suitable in your case.
However, approaching the search, being a bit wiser will enable you to make the most suitable solutions that will take care of the nutritional needs of the dog, without triggering any threats, arising due the consumption of foods that comes loaded with excessive protein. Here are the parameters of consideration that will guide to pick the best low protein dog food for your pet:
- Consider the percentage of protein in the food: The most important point of consideration is the percentage of protein in the food. As suggested by the Vet, foods that contain lesser than 20% of the total ingredients, comes within the category of Low-Protein foods. This consideration will enable you to make the selection of the best food for your dog. Vets strongly suggest the dog food with less than 18 protein that takes care of the nutritional needs of the dog as well as protect them from the threats of consuming high protein foods.
- Consider the quality of the protein: Another important aspect of consideration is the quality of the protein in the food. You can generally categorize the food protein in categories like Good and Bad protein. While looking for the low protein high quality dog food, you need to opt for those foods that includes the High Quality protein that usually comes from the sources like Meat, dish, eggs and dairy products. The proteins in these foods will ensure the adequate nutrition in your pet and thus, takes care of the health of the animal. Lean meats for dogs is considered one of the best sources of quality protein.
- Check the ingredients in the food: what you need is the low protein complete dog food. To ensure that qualitative standard of the foods, you need to check the ingredients used for the manufacturing of the food. It will be wise to opt for those foods that are made with natural ingredients and should not contain the added artificial additives, flavors and preservatives. It is for the reason that these agents can act as toxins and can trigger adverse health effects in your pet. Hence, you need to refrain from dog food that includes such agents. For instance, the low protein snacks for dogs made with natural ingredients gets the endorsement of the Vets and the experienced dog breeders.
- Check the formula used to manufacture the food: The top manufacturers offer solutions like dog food for liver disease as well as the low protein diet for dogs with kidney disease that are made with specialized formulations to accomplish these objectives. Serving these foods to the dog on a regular basis, you can offer a natural solution to the ailments of the Kidney and liver, thus securing the health of the dog.
- Is the food easily digestible and safe for the health of the dog: you should serve those foods to your dog that are easily digestible as well as come safe for the health of the dog. The best grade dog foods will offer the adequate nutrition to the dog and shall never trigger adverse health effects. In those regards, you should opt for the foods that are made with natural ingredients. The high fat dog food will offer arrays of health benefits to the dog and will never ever offer any threats to the health of the dog. However, you need to ensure that the food includes the Good fats that transforms to energy instantly.
In addition to the points stated above, you need to consider the easy availability of the foods as you will require serving these foods to the dog on a regular basis. Buying such dog food, considering the points stated above, it will turn easier for a healthy food that will take care of the health and solace of your pet.
Adopting your pet with these foods, you can secure the health of the dog, and most importantly, can prevent arrays of health ailments to attack your dog.
Reviews will help you to select the best grade low protein high quality dog food that will be the most suitable pick for your canine pet. Going through the reviews, you can explore the pros & cons in the formulation as well as evaluate whether if it will come safe for the health of your pet.
Likewise, you can find what the existing users have to say about the product. Thus, reviews will make the task of selecting the best dog food easier for you.
This food gets the endorsement of the Vets to be served to the elderly and non-active dogs. The best part about this food is that it is made with 100% natural and organic ingredients and is completely grain and gluten free.
Most importantly, the protein is at the ideal level to make this food healthy and nutritions for the dogs. If your dog has turned obese, you will hardly get a better alternative for the food for dog than this one. The food ensures adequate nutrition for the dog.
- Natural and organic Ingredients
- Grain and Gluten Free
- Low Protein Food
- Ensures adequate nutrition
- No added preservative and additives
- Offers Good Quality protein that involves the protein from various meats and fish
- Dogs, in some instances, disliked the taste.
This food gets the recommendation of the Vets as it has been manufactured, using a special formula that boost the kidney functions. Hence, if you see that your pet is suffering from issues related to the kidney, you can certainly start serving this food that comes with low protein and low fat.
This food is ideal for the older dogs as well as for the ones, living a lesser active lifestyle. Most importantly, this food offers complete nutrition for the adult dogs.
- Lowest protein and fat content
- Made with natural ingredients
- No artificial additives
- Contains Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids that boost the skin Health.
- Some minor issues with the quality of the food
Formulated with natural lamb meat, this food ensures the adequate nutrition for your dog, yet it comes with the lowest protein content. The best part about the food is that it does not contain any artificial additives and by-products. Hence, you can be assured that the food will come safe for your dog.
As it comes up from the reviews, dogs relish the taste and hence, you will not find it difficult to orient your pet with this food. This food gets the recommendations of the Vets as it features the right blend between Protein, carbohydrate, Antioxidants, as well as Omega Fatty acids.
- All-natural ingredients
- Do not contain any artificial flavors, additives, and by-products
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Made in the United States of America
- In some instances, dogs did not like the taste
The combination of natural Chicken and Turkey meat makes this food healthy and safe for the dogs. The food has been manufactured without any synthetic additives and by products and it comes absolutely free of grain and gluten. Hence, this food will definitely come in the list of the best low protein dog food.
- 100% Organic and natural ingredients
- Contains no grains, gluten, soya or artificial additives
- Features the right balance between the necessary nutrients
- Made in the US
- No major lacuna came up in the course of the review.
This Low protein and Phosphorus food, is the ideal choice for dogs, suffering from ailments of the kidney. Made with all-natural and organic ingredients, this food takes care of the nutritional needs of the dogs, yet keeps it safe from the consumption of excessively high amount of protein.
- Fights ailments of the Kidney
- Made with 100% natural ingredients in the US
- Contains no added flavors, colors and preservatives
- Grain free
- Gluten Free
- Some issues with the packaging noticed in few instances.
What is a low protein diet for dogs?
Low protein dog food are those, wherein the percentage of the protein ranges between the mid-twenties to lower-twenties of the total mass. In these foods, the protein content is derived from sources like meat, fish, and Milk that are considered the best quality Protein.
When to Feed a Low Protein Diet?
It turns necessary to serve the dogs with low protein foods, when it grows older or it is living a less active lifestyle. On the other hand, if you see that your pet is suffering from ailments of the Liver & kidney or it is growing obese, you should shift to the low protein foods.
Why is Protein Important for Dogs?
In infants, protein is crucial to ensure the adequate development of the body and the brain. Deficiency in the supply of protein, will trigger malnutrition that will make the dog a soft target for various ailments. In elderly dogs, protein is important to ensure that the body functions are necessary to check the rate of cell damage.
Video: Low Protein Food – An Easy Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes
The discussion made above will enable you to pick the best low protein dog food that will take care of the nutritional needs of your dog, yet keep it safe from the adverse effects of consuming protein in very high amount.
These foods are made with 100% natural and organic ingredients and never includes any artificial additives. Hence, you can serve these foods to your dog with trust and confidence. These foods get the recommendations of the Vets and the Pet owners and therefore, you can afford to rely on these foods.